Small Business Relief Fund
Welcome to the Perry County, Ohio Small Business Relief Fund page
The Small Business Relief Program will provide Perry County small businesses (30 or fewer employees are considered Small Businesses) with expenses due to business interruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible small businesses may apply for up to $10,000 in grant funds to be used for the reimbursement of eligible expenses.
Get help to keep your business and our community prospering during this hard time.
How It Works
To be eligible to apply for grant funds under the Perry County Small Business Relief Program, a business must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be an entity with a location in Perry County.
2. Have a Federal Taxpayer Identification Number for its type of business / social security number for sole proprietor.
3. Have less than $1 million in gross revenue/receipts on an annual basis. This can be evidenced by records such as the business’ 2018 and 2019 federal income tax return or financial statements.
4. Expenditures must be related to necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
5. Have 30 (equivalent full-time employees) or fewer employees or 1099 workers as of March 22, 2020. This can be demonstrated by forms such as 2019 Form W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statement) or 2019 Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns) and payroll reports or checks that evidence number of workers as of March 22, 2020 or statement attesting/certifying that your business has this number employees/workers or 1099 workers.
6. Grants will not be awarded for expenses that have received or been approved for other federal assistance for lost revenue or expenses arising from the pandemic, including Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Emergency Disaster Loan.
7. Have not been approved for a business interruption insurance claim as result of COVID-19.
8. The applicant will use grant funds for expenses for only that business. This can be evidenced by records such as a mortgage statement, utility bill, insurance premium statement, property tax bills or other recognized ways.
9. Must be able to attest that they are in compliance with federal, state, or county and local requirements applicable to its type of business.
10. Must be able to attest it is current with all federal, state, county and local taxes and fees.
11. Must be able to attest it is in good standing with all applicable government regulations related to building code or property maintenance issues.
12. Must be able to attest it is not currently in bankruptcy or has filed for bankruptcy.
Grant funds provided by Perry County Small Business Relief Program can only be used to pay the expenses of the business: a) related to the costs of business interruption caused by required closures; or b) that the business faces due to its uncertainty as to its ability to pay due to the pandemic. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
1. Mortgage costs. Mortgage costs for businesses that are in or operated out of a personal residence need to be allocated by percentage and evidenced by previous tax return.
2. Rent or lease costs. Rent or lease cost for businesses that are in or operated out of a personal residence need to be allocated by percentage and evidenced by previous tax return.
3. Expenses for utilities, such as electric, gas, sewer, water, trash removal. Utility costs for businesses that are in or operated out of personal residence need to be allocated by percentage and evidenced by previous tax return.
4. Salaries, wages, or compensation paid to employees/workers or 1099 workers.
5. Materials and supplies related to interruption of the business caused by required closures.
6. Personal Protective Equipment or other COVID-19 related costs such as expenses related to compliance with Responsible Restart Ohio.
If awarded, all grant funding distributed as a part of this program must be spent within 30 calendar days of receipt.
Grant funds can be used to reimburse eligible expenses incurred from March 23, 2020 through September 15, 2020.
All itemized support documentation must be submitted in order to receive the funding. This would include any allowable expenses from March 23, 2020 up through September 15, 2020.
Documentation shall be in the form of paid invoices and canceled checks, bank statements, or similar documentation showing payment of eligible expenses. If the business cannot properly substantiate its eligible expenses, the business will be required to repay the undocumented grant funds. The Perry County Small Business Relief Program will send an invoice to the business of undocumented or unallowed grants funds within 45 days of the grant funds being dispersed. The business is required to remit payment within 10 days of the invoice.
At the end of the grant term (which is 40 calendar days from the receipt of the award), the business shall submit a closeout report – template provided on website.
We're Here for You
For more information on the Eligibility of your business click the icon below to download the document!
Perry County and its community are here to help you and your business stay and flourish.
Feel free to ask us questions, and apply to get your funding!
Perry County Commissioners
212 S. Main Street
New Lexington, Ohio 43764
(LOWER LEVEL - can be accessed via rear entrance)